Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Gas!

So funny story.... (to me anyways)

Saturday after everyone had left from my shower I was laying down on the couch eating chips and salsa.  A few minutes later I get this crazy intense pain cramping and pressure.  For some reason I just assumed that it was gas or something and was stuck or something.  It would come every few minutes and last a couple minutes.  During the time it was there I couldn't talk or have anyone talk to me.  I felt like I had to go the bathroom but I didn't...  The only thing that helped was getting on my hands and knees with my mom rubbing my lower back.

Anyways, this lasted for maybe 30-45 minutes and so I just assumed the salsa had upset my stomach really bad or something.

WELL.... I go to my bible study last night and my OB is in my group.  I tell her and Mandy about this horrible gas I experienced and they both laughed at me.  Apparently those were contractions and not gas at all...  
The good news is my OB says that since I am already dilating and having intense contractions right away, I will most likely have a shorter labor (my chances are higher anyways..no promises)  so thats awesome.  Also, its nice to know what to expect now so I can be a little more ready for it all.  However, Im getting really nervous.  That wasn't exactly a piece of cake by any means and it was only like 45 minutes... how on earth am I going to make it like that for hours??? AHH 

Pray for me please!

1 comment:

Megan said...

oh man...
i'm excited.
even if it is just gas.