Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We cannot serve two masters. We CANNOT.
We cannot say that we are christians and love God with all our heart and also love the world. We must hate one and love the other.
Do you think that God sent his only son to die for us and suffer so that we can merely declare with our lips that we are christian and still turn away from him with our hearts.

We cannot be sucked into the world and what it wants us to believe is important.
Life is not about growing up, going to school, getting a job raising and family with a white picket fence. Its about Loving God and bringing Glory to God and nothing else.
It is about carrying our cross and following the one who IS and WAS and Always will be.
ARE YOU LUKEWARM??

1) Lukewarm people attend church fairly regularly either because it’s expected of them or because they like the people there. It’s what “good Christians” do.

2) Lukewarm people give money and time to the church as long as it doesn’t impinge on their standard of living. If they have a little extra and it’s easy and safe to give, they do so.

3) Lukewarm people tend to choose what is popular over what is right in conflict. They want to fit in both inside the church and outside of it. They care more about what people think of their actions than what God thinks of their heart.

4) Lukewarm people don’t really want to be saved from their sin; they want to be saved from the penalty for their sin. They don’t genuinely hate sin and are not truly sorry for it; they’re merely sorry because God is going to punish them.

5) Lukewarm people are moved by stories about people who do radical things for Christ, yet they do not act. They assume such action is for “extreme” Christians, not average ones. These people call “radical” what Jesus expected of all of his followers.

6) People rarely share their faith with their neighbors, coworkers, or friends. They do not want to be rejected, nor do they want to make people uncomfortable by talking about private issues like religion.

7) Lukewarm people love God, but they don’t love him with all their heart, soul, mind and strength. They would be quick to assure you that they try to love God that much but that sort of devotion is only for pastors and missionaries and radicals.

8 ) Lukewarm people want pastors that will point out to them their gifts, but not pastors who will point out to them their sin.

9) Lukewarm people are continually concerned with safety and comfort. This focus on safe living keeps them from sacrificing and risking for God.


Revelation 3:15-16 ‘I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot. 16 ‘So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth.


he goes on to say: I advise you to buy from Me gold refined by fire so that you may become rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself, and that the shame of your nakedness will not be revealed; and eye salve to anoint your eyes so that you may see. 19 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 21 ‘He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne. 22 ‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’”


I hope that you are convicted by these things as I was. I am lukewarm and I do not want to be. Therefore Papa I ask that you make me like the Gold. Refine me so that I may become rich. Clothe me in white. Turn my soul away from its selfish desire and set it solely on you My God. For you are all that I need, all that I desire and I want to love you with all my HEART all my MIND and all my STRENGTH.

Let me hear your voice and open the door! Let me wash your feet with my hair and tears. Please lord let me sit with you. Open my ears so that I may hear and KNOW that you are God.

Amen.

No comments: