Wednesday, June 4, 2008

all alone!

Well work today is a little different than usual.  I am completely alone!  Well... the dude is here fixing the air conditioning, but other than that.. NOBODY   This never happens.  However most of the guys went to some big meeting that won't be over until the end of the day, Simo is working from home, and Casey is in disney world.  

I am totally taking advantage of this opportunity to play games online all day.  I have even been thinking about playing some pool!

The storms were pretty crazy last night, but they didn't scare me as much as they should have I suppose.  Jake was all into it, like watching the weather and waking up in the night to check again.. but I wasn't nervous at all.  I love storms and lightning so I had a great nights sleep just listening to it pour down.  It made me think back to camp in like eight grade when I was put in a cabin with two girls from Kansas.  One night it started storming and I loved it!  It was so relaxing, and I loved how loud you could hear it through the cabin walls.  However, the two girls from Kansas were freaking out the whole night, crying and huddled in a ball.  I asked them why they were so afraid and they told me that any time it thunderstorms there is almost always a tornado.  I guess maybe thats why thunderstorms don't scare me at all... because I have never been in a really bad one that ripped apart my home.  Once in third grade there was one really close and we had to sit in the boys stinky bathroom for three hours, but thats pretty much it.  I think it frustrated Jake a little that I didn't really care, but hey, whats the point of worrying anyways?  If a tornado came while we were at our second floor apartment, Im pretty sure we would be screwed anyways.  Hiding in the bathtub probably wouldn't make that big of a difference.

Anyways... pregnancy update.  I now have heartburn all the time.  No matter what I eat, and its a lot more intense than before.  The baby always sits a weird way which causes a hard bump to kinda stick out on one side of my belly button. I like to poke it and try to figure out what it is and I think i've come to the conclusion that its a butt check, but who knows, im probably poking my pore child in the face!
Mandy has offered to be my birthing Coach which kinda made my mom mad I think.  She didn't openly say she was offended or anything, but I could tell she was by how her mood suddenly changed.  Its just that no one in my family (including my mom) has ever delivered a baby natural so theres no way she could help coach me through the pain.  I love my mom to death, but sometimes shes just too much.. so im afraid I might even have to kick her out of the room at one point! But i guess we will just see.  
I hate that nobody seems to think that I can deliver naturally, but all the women who seem to think I can't have never given birth natural before themselves. Its like they act like it isn't possible or something, even though women did it for thousands of years. I started out wanting to give birth natural simply because it was the birth method with the least amount of risk for the baby.  Now I want to do it even more just to prove everyone wrong! hah  Im not really that nervous for the contractions its the crowning that is the scariest for me, because its the most painful part. The good news is that at that point, only a couple more pushes and your done.  Im ready, bring it on!

Well i guess its back to "work" now...  

No comments: