Wednesday, June 18, 2008

sigh...


Well, Jake and I spent last weekend with his family up north.  It was really nice to see them again. It makes me sad sometimes that we hardly get to see them due to the long drive, but you have to do what you have to do.
We spent all saturday at his grandparents lake.  I watched Jake ride around on the knee board and tube with envy and tried my best to get some sort of tan with no avail.  For some reason I didn't even bother with getting in the water until about the last 40 minutes we were there and once I was in on the raft I didn't want to leave!  Which made it a real bummer when we had to get out :(

 On Sunday John David played at  church and when he sang holy surrender.. i think thats what its called... I balled like a baby!  I didn't even make it to the second verse before i felt myself choke up and tears running down my face.  I was just over taken.  I love that but at the same time I don't because I feel goofy, even though I shouldn't care what people think.
The funny thing though was Im listening to this song, crying, arms raised in praise to the lord and THEN... Someone in front of me farted.  And I don't mean like a little fart, i mean like someone really needs to go the bathroom fart! I just had to laugh to myself that something like that would happen and I still think it was God making a haha.  I have no doubt that God has a sense of humor, and a good one at that.  After the song ended Jake and I just had to burst out laughing because Jake also had that moment I had, feeling Gods overwhelming presence before turning green from someone's gas.  What a nice trip it was.  It went by too fast.


1 comment:

Megan said...

that made me laugh...out loud