Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One year ago today...

I married a freakin amazing man.

I can't believe how fast time goes by. 

 I feel like it was only last month that i drove to kokomo Indiana at 7pm to meet Jake for the first time.  I still remember how extremely tired I was at 4 in the morning sitting with him at steak N shake but not wanting to leave... how i thought about him the whole drive back home that night.

It feels like just last week I was walking down the aisle to the beatles "here, there and everywhere." watching my dad cry for one of the few times in my life.

It feels like just a few days ago, the mexican guy walked into our hotel room while we were gettin it on on our wedding night...

It feels like just yesterday Jake peed all over me in the drunk attempt to pee on my arm after I was stung by a jellyfish on our honeymoon...

But it wasn't just yesterday or last week or month... it was a whole freakin year ago already.  I can honestly say that I have never regretted marrying him for one second.  Though I was nervous about getting married so young, I know that it was the best decision in my life.
I truly believe that Jake is God's way of showing me how much he loves me. When I think about Jake, I can hear God saying "Look at how well I know your soul."

  There is no one in the entire world that could possibly be a better fit for me and I really mean that. Even the places where we are so different, work out to be so perfect together, so complimentary to each other.

He doesn't seem to see the faults I see in myself, but love them.
He sets me free when Im feeling trapped.  
He builds me up when I feel im falling down.
He holds me close when i feel im straying away.
And through everything that we do, everything that we go through, everything I say or don't say, he never stops loving me.

He is my best friend, my lover, my soul mate, my husband, the father of my child and a little piece of Gods love for me.

I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Megan said...

you beautiful beautiful lady...that's amazing. congratulations on one year! i'm proud of you and can't wait to hold that baby.

TARA! said...

uh.


tears.
for real.